Great News! Our own crafts shop and... Busingye!!!
Help us to help ourselves
We want to grow our potatoes
And farm our pigs
To become indipendent
And build our future
Welcome to the Rushaga.Nshongi Orphanage farm
In the heart of every child there is hunger for a place that can be called home.
Home doesn't only mean sleeping and food. It means safety, community and most important: love.
Ou orphanage in Uganda is run by the community people whose vision is to empower the orphans for their sustainability through education, health care, career guidance and counseling.
The orphanage farm was formed by Mfitumukiza Francis and the community leader as a response to the plight of the many children of the Nshongi community, that are orphaned by the AIDS and other terminal diseases. Many children were left with no financial assistance for education or other basic needs.
- develop moral and spiritual values
- promote unity between the community, the orphans and the Batwa (pygmies)
- develop talents of the orphans through handcraft making
- educate the children about the importance of conservation
- promote and emphasize education through financial support